Commercial Multi-Engine Cost

Mikerohren

Hello all, I just got done with my commercial single rating and I am moving on to the multi portion... I was just curious how much it cost you guys to get your commercial multi rating... I go to riddle and just saw the expected price, and needless to say my jaw dropped.... How much did it run you guys if your comfortable mentioning that...

Tom Brady in Traverse City is a good lowball. I usually budget $4k which is about what my 3 multi check rides each took (all addons), so you're looking at 8-10 dual in a $250/hr plane eg PA-44 plus instruction, ground, checkride costs etc. It can usually be done in a week and you can do it cheaper if you prepare fully. Whereabouts are you based?

Still not flown with him, but the prices look great.

I probably paid a bit more than the average, but I'd rather save people money ultimately than raise expectations of a great deal, depends how dutiful a student you are.

Still not flown with him, but the prices look great.

I probably paid a bit more than the average, but I'd rather save people money ultimately than raise expectations of a great deal, depends how dutiful a student you are.

Haven't heard anyone going over quoted number of days and never over the price. Tom is good at what he does and will get you through the ride in the time and price he lists (its flat rate).

Now you're not going to be the worlds most proficient CMEL, but then again, neither will you be with the programs charging $4k, $8k or $10k. Only so much you're going to get out of 6-8 hours training and a ride.

I did CMEL and ASES with Tom.

For CMEL the plane is full time in Cadillac now, but that helps out of town guys as hotels are cheaper than TVC. I was local so just drove home between the two days flying.

*Keep in mind its cheap as its a bare bones PA-23 with a Mogas STC. Really easy to fly though

$3500 in a C310 at KFCM including DPE cost. I got it done in about a week and a half.

What is Riddle quoting? $10K??
I wish... But whats interesting is that they have us do all our commercial single engine stuff in the 172, and I didn't realize that I don't get a commercial single certificate because its not a complex plane. When I am done with multi I get both the ratings on one certificate... The single costed about 9,000, which of course is not pretty either.......

Yikes. I did mine at premier flight academy at BKL. One day in the sim, two flights and a checkride, I was done at about $2k include DPE fee.
Granted, 5.7 multi isn't getting me anywhere...

Back