Advice on returning after medical leave?

Rosstafari

Likes tacos
Wanted some advice from you guys.

I’m coming up on a return to duty PC after being away on medical leave for seven months. I had just finished OE when I went out, so between that and the A320 being my first large turbine aircraft, I’m feeling deficient.

Any suggestions on what you’d focus on during the two weeks I have to prep? I’m not getting any feedback from our training department, so I’ve been bouncing between new hire notes/flashcards and the FOM. Got any input for me?

Is your company AQP? If so, search the training manuals for the re-qualification process.

Unless otherwise instructed, just study everything as if you just finished training.

During Covid, I took 8 months of leave, and didn't touch a book or think about aviation the entire time, until a couple of weeks out from training. I just worked on my flows, triggers, limitations, just like initial. It all came back quickly.

Been doing most of the suggestions made here thus far, so feels good to know I’m on the right track.
Don’t do the PC until you feel ready. Ask for more sim time and push the issue if you need it. Try reaching out to the ALPA training committee also.
Any recommendations on how to push back the PC if I need? I don’t feel like I have much pull as a green FO that’s still in probation.

Been following up with ALPA, good rec, thanks.
Is your company AQP?
No AQP unfortunately.

Any recommendations on how to push back the PC if I need? I don’t feel like I have much pull as a green FO that’s still in probation.
I think IF it came to that you can get some contacts in training management from ALPA to kinda run it up the chain. Hopefully wont even be a need for you!

Wanted some advice from you guys.

I’m coming up on a return to duty PC after being away on medical leave for seven months. I had just finished OE when I went out, so between that and the A320 being my first large turbine aircraft, I’m feeling deficient.

Any suggestions on what you’d focus on during the two weeks I have to prep? I’m not getting any feedback from our training department, so I’ve been bouncing between new hire notes/flashcards and the FOM. Got any input for me?

Whatever you do, don't screw up up and become the subject of a Dan Grindr video.

Back